Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Fact versus Opinions


Many times we create confusion when we add our own opinions to facts and come up with wrong conclusions.
For example:
FACT: Two people are whispering when you walk up. Suddenly they stop talking.
OPINION: They must be gossiping about me.
FACT: A new lady is appointed in my department.
OPINION: They will ask me to leave!
FACT: He has reported about me to authorities.
OPINION: They will blacklist me. I am now ruined & finished!

Many a times we tend to behave negatively due to our own adverse opinions. We feel people per se are hostile & unfriendly. We become anxious & fearful for no good reason in a situation which is relatively safe.

It is said: “Men are disturbed not by things that happen, but by their opinions of the things that happen.”

2 comments:

Sammie speaks said...

I agree with you 100%. I also think that people treat their opinions as fact. They try to push their opinions on others thinking that they are right, but it's an opinion; there is no right or wrong. Keep on writing, I love reading. :) ~sammiespeaks.blog.com

Sammie speaks said...

I agree with you 100%! I also think that people think of their opinions as facts. They push their opinions on others thinking that their opinions are right, but they are opinions, there is no right or wrong. Keep on writing; I love reading :) ~sammiespeaks.blog.com